You are the training and logistics officer for the Metropolitan Arson Squad.Your position requires you to demonstrate in writing the training and equipment needed for an arson unit to successfully operate in the field whileconducting arson scene investigations.Your job is extremely important because the equipment and training sessions you are responsible for will save the lives of the unit and the public.
You will explain the resources and training necessary to accomplish the mission of arson investigation in thegreater metropolitan area.You will address tools and equipment for strategic needs as well as safety equipment.You will also discuss training that would support the arson crime investigative effort.
Address the following in 3–5 pages:
- Describe the personal items each arson investigator should carry.
- Identify at least 2 lighting types that would be necessary to use in an arson scene.
- Thinking of head-to-toe protection, describe 4 critical items of safety equipment and their intended uses.
- What is the minimum number of personnel at an arson scene investigation? Why is that number important? Explain.
- Why is it important to be able to conduct a scientific interview? Explain in detail.