Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 5, 6, 7
- Gladwell, Malcolm. “Small Change: Why the Revolution Will Not Be Tweeted”
Gladwell comments on social media’s role in modern social activism, and its merits and limitations within that context.
Initial Post Instructions
Identify at least one limit of social media in the role of social activism that Gladwell mentions, and describe why you agree or disagree with that limit.
Secondary Post Instructions
In your responses to your peers, find a strength of social media in the role of social activism (either that Gladwell mentions or that you have personally experienced) that directly contrasts the limitations each peer has mentioned. Use specific examples from the Gladwell text, or from current events.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Using APA format, incorporate appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept with corresponding references page for the initial post.
Why the Revolution Will Not Be Tweeted,