FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction
When selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for a client, you must consider the unique needs and characteristics of that particular client. The same is true when selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for groups. Not every approach is appropriate for every group, and the group’s unique needs and characteristics must be considered. For this Assignment, you examine psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction.
- Evaluate psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction
- Review the Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on group therapy for addiction.
- View the media, Levy Family: Sessions 1-7, and consider the psychotherapeutic approaches being used.
PLEASE Addressed each of the bullets with a subtopic, use the resources, you can use other references within last five years only to 2019. Please do not begin a paragraph with author name(s) (PLEASE USE parenthetical/in-text citations)
In a 3-page paper, address the following:
- Identify the psychotherapeutic approach that the group facilitator is using, and explain why she might be using this approach.
- Determine whether or not you would use the same psychotherapeutic approach if you were the counselor facilitating this group, and justify your decision.
- Identify an alternative approach to group therapy for addiction, and explain why it is an appropriate option.
- Support your position with evidence-based literature.
Required Media (can google)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2013d). Levy family: Sessions 1-7 [Video file]. Baltimore, MD; Author.
Allyn & Bacon (Producer). (2000). Motivational interviewing [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2015). Group therapy for addictions: An interpersonal relapse prevention approach [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2000a). Cognitive therapy for addictions [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Standard 6 “Evaluation” (pages 65-66)
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 16, “Psychotherapeutic Approaches for Addictions and Related Disorders” (pp. 565–596)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Gamble, J., & O’ Lawrence, H. (2016). An overview of the efficacy of the 12-step group therapy for substance abuse treatment. Journal of Health & Human Services Administration, 39(1), 142–160. Retrieved from http://jhhsa.spaef.org/
Kim, J. W., Choi, Y. S., Shin, K. C., Kim, O. H., Lee, D. Y., Jung, M. H., … Choi, I. (2012). The effectiveness of continuing group psychotherapy for outpatients with alcohol dependence: 77-month outcomes. Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, 36(4), 686–692. doi:10.1111/j.1530-0277.2011.01643.x