What is the science on energy drinks?
If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality, and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. We are the ideal place for all your writing needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Nutrition for Sports Performance
Graduate level writing
400 words or more
3 or more reference
Title: What is the science on energy drinks?
This week, you are learning to fuel to the athlete. Let’s explore the literature to see what is known about energy drinks. How safe are these energy drinks? Are they appropriate? For this Forum, find one research article and present it.
You are looking for a research article that is published in a peer-reviewed journal, not an article published in a magazine like Muscle Magazine or on the website BodyBuilding.com. These are examples of publications for the general public that are not peer-reviewed by scientists. The journal article you select should be a research study related to energy drinks and sports.
Go to the following website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed. In the search bar at the top (cursor most likely will be blinking in this box), enter “energy drinks.” More than 863 articles should be referenced. You can select one from this list. DO NOT SELECT AN ARTICLE ANOTHER STUDENT HAS SELECTED. Once you have decided which article you would like to review, get that article from the library.
In your Forum post:
- list your selected article
- provide the reference for your chosen article
- describe the study and the results
- state what the study concludes
- evaluate the article. Do you think the study made appropriate conclusions from its data? Was the study designed correctly to address the hypothesis?
- Does the study support the hypothesis that energy drinks are safe? If yes, tells how. If no, again tells how.