Please answer these questions in detail. Please provide evidence for all your assertions. You do not have to respond to the online writing of your colleagues, but, of course, you are always welcome to do so.
1) List fifteen things you learn from the illustrations of the book, that you don’t learn from the text itself. What is the impact of what you learn from the illustrations? What kinds of information do the illustrations communicate and why?
2) What are five things the book teaches children without every stating these things?
3) What is this book about — and why do you think so?
4) Describe the narrator of this book: describe their language, which character(s) they sympathize with, why they share the details they share, why they tell this story?
5) Why is the image of eating and food central to this book?