The CEO attended a workshop on natural resources and intangible assets. He was confused on the difference between these two types of assets and how to write-off the cost of these assets.
Warning: 100% original
He has asked you to make a presentation at the next Board of Directors meeting including the following:
- Explain the meaning of these two assets.
- How these two types of assets are expensed.
- How natural resources and intangible assets are reported for financial accounting purposes.
- Explain the basic issues related to accounting for intangible assets.
- Show and cite examples of financial statements with either intangible assets or natural resources.
- Choose two companies in the same industry and find their current annual reports
- Cite both reports.
- Determine and explain how either their natural resources or intangible are written-off.
- Discuss the implication this has for comparing the results of these two companies.
- Include at least two additional research references.