FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Unit Two – TO DO list – Historical Trauma, Post Traumatic Growth, Social Identity Theory
Posted on: Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:56:20 AM PST
The objective in this unit is for you to understand the connections between historical and chosen trauma, posttraumatic growth, and social identity theory. You will become familiar with all three paradigms and how they are useful in conflict resolution.
For NCR 291 Week Two do the following.
- Read the following –
Vamik Volkan article on Chosen and Historical Trauma
See attached file.TRANSGENERITIONAL_TRANSMISSIONS.doc
Post Traumatic Growth and Positive Psychology
Description of the FamousTajfel Experiment on Social Identity
- Watch the followingin-classfollowed by class discussion.
VamikVolkanon Historical and Chosen Trauma (short portion of larger lecture)
PositivePsycholgyTed Talk by MartinSeligman
Jenri Tajfel – Minimal Group Paradigm
- Answer the questions in the Unit Two Discussion area.
- In your words,explain Volkan’sapproach in a short paragraph. Explain each element of his theory and create your own example to demonstrate your understanding.
- In your words,explainTajfel’sapproach in a short paragraph.Explain the importance of his studyandprovide a real life example showing the application of his theory.
- In your words,explainSeligman’sapproach in a short paragraph.Explain andcreate your own example to demonstrate your understanding.
- Why is it useful to connect these three approaches when analyzingsocialconflict? How can you use these paradigms as a consultant?
- What are the implications for the practice of conflict resolution? Discuss. Do you think this bundle of approaches is useful? Can you see yourself applying them in your own practice?
- What are the implications for the related practice of organizational and community development? Discuss. What are the implications for “identity politics’?
Please complete the following HW Assignment for Chapter Two and submit it to the link by 9pm Sunday February 11:
Sociology 386 Chapter Two Homework Assignment
Please answer the following questions in paragraph format. Please include the question before you begin your answer.
- What is a theory? What are its main components? How do researchers test their theory?
- What are the main claims of Freud’s psychoanalytic theory? Explain the different components of the psyche, according to Freud.
- What does it mean to say that psychoanalytic theory is deterministic?
- What does it mean to say that, according to Freud’s theory, the part of the human mind that a person can “see” is only the tip of the iceberg?
- What is Adler’s Individual Psychology? How does it differ from Freud’s theory?
- What is the psychodynamic approach to understanding human development?
- What is Sullivan’s Interpersonal Theory of Psychotherapy?
- What is a Freudian slip? Can you find a couple of examples?
- What is Erickson’s Theory of Psychosocial Development?
- What is Bowlby’s Attachment Theory?