FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The purpose of the book review is to give you an opportunity to do additional reading of your own choosing for the class and to use the theories and concepts we are learning in the class as lenses of analysis and discussion of the contents of these books. The guidelines below are designed to assist you to achieve these purposes. Your book review should address at least these elements in the 4 to 5, typed, double-spaced pages that you turn in.
1. At the top of your first page, have all of the bibliographic information for the book in the following format: Author name. Year of publication. Title. Location of publisher: publisher. Total no. of pp. ISBN. And cost of book.
E.g., Ruiz, Vicki. 1998. From Out of the Shadows: Mexican Women in Twentieth Century America. NY: Oxford University Press. xvii+240 pp. ISBN: 0-19513099-5 (pbk). $16.95 pbk.
2. An Introduction, which describes the book, its purpose, the author, the organization of the book, and any other information of a summary or overview nature you think is useful.
3. Describe the content of the book. Your skills in summarizing apply here. Be comprehensive and add as much detail as necessary for the reader to know what the book is about
4. Identify the criteria for evaluation that you are using. The criteria will be concepts from the critical race theory text and the critical thinking packet.
5. Evaluate the book based on the chosen criteria.
6. Relate the book to at least one major concept of CRT and from the critical thinking packet.
7. Lastly, provide a recommendation to colleagues in the class as to whether they should read the book and what you think they will get out of it if they do.
Typically you don’t want to spend more than 2 or 3 pages on #s 1