In this assignment you will demonstrate your understanding of the weekly learning objectives: Compare positive proactive classroom behavior strategies and Identify strategies for managing student behavior.
Even when you proactively predict your studentsâ€™ behaviors and plan for every situation, problems will still arise that need to be managed. According to Bill Rogers, behavior specialist, many negative behaviors fit into one of five categories: The Chatterbox, The Boycotter, The Debater, The Sulker and The Clinger (Five Persistent Behavior Problems, 2014).
First, read a description of each of the five behavior categories outlined by Bill Rogers on Scholasticâ€™s webpage â€œFive Persistent Behavior Problems and How to Handle Themâ€ (Links to an external site.). Then, choose a behavior management technique listed on Education Worldâ€™s â€œTip Archive (Links to an external site.)â€ for each of the behaviors. Use the following guidelines for creating your presentation:
Using support from your assignment reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, your written paper will:
- Identify one of the five behavior categories.
- Choose a behavior management technique for the selected behavior.
- Examine how the method will be effective for the selected behavior category.
- Summarize how the strategy can be used, in the future, proactively.
- Share a story from your experience that is related to the ideas you have learned thus far in the course.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, organization, and usage throughout your submission.
- Source Requirement: Reference at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook in order to provide compelling evidence to support your ideas.
- Page Requirement: Your submission must be two to three pages in length excluding a title and reference page.
- APA format: All in text citations, page format and references must be written in APA 6th edition format.