This unitâ€™s milestone project involves the creation of a 2500-word research essay (The title and references pages do not count toward the page requirement).
Step 1: Choose a topic that you can develop into an argumentative research essay. Ensure that your topic is an issue for argument.
Step 2: Develop an outline for your essay including your thesis statement and your main ideas. This outline will help you write your essay in a more structured way.
Step 3: Working off your outline, start writing your research essay. Remember to use the essay template and APA formatting for the essay. The essay should also incorporate:
- An introduction that ends with an original and argumentative thesis.
- Paragraphs that support the thesis and develop a single idea.
- No more than 2-3 quotes (most of the information from sources should be in paraphrase or summary format).
- APA formatted body text and level headings as shown in the essay template.
- One-inch margins, all around, as shown in the essay template.
- A proper title page, as shown in the essay template.
Please note: The required word count does not include the list of references.
Please click here to view the criteria by which you will be assessed for the achievement of the CLO for this unit.