Process of Research: Minimum 600 words.
The Critical Thinking assignment for Module 1 is based on this week’s required reading:
- Reading 1 (See attached)
Bialdyga, D. (2013). Brand parity perception on the German automotive market a comparative analysis of brand clusters. International Journal of Management Cases, 15(4), 265 273. (Quantitative report)
- Reading 2 (See attached)
Krzyżanowska, M. & Tkaczyk, J. (2013). Identifying competitors: Challenges for start up firms. International Journal of Management Cases, 15(4), 234 246. (Qualitative report)
Using what you have learned in the chapter and in our discussion, apply your skills and knowledge to your reading of these articles. Answer the four questions below.
- Is the quantitative report a research study? How do you know?
- Is the qualitative report a research study? How do you know?
- Here is a list of the five major sections that appear in most research reports. Which steps of the research process do you expect to find in each section?
- The opening paragraphs (i.e., there is no heading for this section)
- Background and overview of relevant literature
- Discussion, Implications and Limitations, Conclusions
Assume that you are a senior level manager or leader in a specific organization. Why might it be important, or unimportant, for you to read either or both of these research studies?
Be sure to answer all of these questions thoroughly and thoughtfully. Discuss and cite at least three outside references in addition to your textbook and the articles to support your answers.