The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.
At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.
The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each unit.
Research Microsoft Excel, the statistical package for the social sciences (SPSS), and the legal and ethical aspects of surveys and data collection. Answer the following questions separately and completely:
- Describe ways in which MS Excel can be used by a manager of an organization as a tool for interpreting data.
- What are the major benefits to using the statistical package for the social sciences (SPSS) software? TIP: A trial version of the software is available for download.
- What potential legal or ethical issues could arise if the information gained in a survey was used to create an ideal profile of characteristics that the company looked for when hiring employees?
- Research Microsoft Excel, the statistical package for the social sciences (SPSS), and the legal and ethical aspects of surveys and data collection.
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your answers to the questions outlined in the assignment description.
- Respond to at least 2 other students’ posts on the Discussion Board.
Your submitted assignment (total points) should include the following:
- 50 Points: Your Discussion Board topic containing your responses to the questions in the assignment description
- 25 Points: Responses to at least 2 other students’ Discussion Board posts
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on at least two other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.