Assignment 1: Discussion—Counterarguments
In M1: Assignment 2, you identified and explained the weakest or strongest argument in a set of articles. You identified the premises and conclusions, discussed whether or not an inference was warranted, and discussed matters of truth and consistency within the specified subject.
Review your work in M1: Assignment 2 where you analyzed the sets of articles you chose.
Using these articles, complete the following:
- Provide your position on the issue in the articles assigned to you.
- State and explain a key objection to your position on this issue.
- Despite the objection, develop a counterargument to defend your position. (This will likely be an “engulf and devour” argument.)
You may use the M1: Assignment 2 readings as sources for evidence and facts. Be sure to do the following:
- Use additional references to support your arguments and provide evidence as needed.
- Use key language and phrases suggested in your readings.
- Apply APA standards to citation of sources.