Due: Sunday night at 11:59pm Mountain Time
In this written assignment, you will explore the health needs of men or the elderly.
Step 1: Choose a health need to investigate.
From the following list, choose one health need to focus on for this assignment:
- Health needs of men: prostate health, cardiovascular health, sexual dysfunction, alcohol abuse
- Health needs of elderly: bone health, stroke care, cancer, social isolation
Step 2: Research the incidence and impact of this health need.
Research the incidence and impact of the problem among the specified population. Use at least three scholarly sources (that is, peer-reviewed journal articles or websites written by a group that has expertise and strong credentials in the field of interest). Make sure that you use APA format to properly cite sources used.
Step 3: Propose prevention strategies.
Propose two relevant population-based strategies at each level of prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary).
Step 4: Summarize your findings and intervention proposals.
Write a three-four page paper that includes:
- The incidence and impact of this health problem on the population
- Two relevant population-based strategies at each level of prevention (for a total of six)
- A hypothesis of which strategy would lead to the greatest impact on health outcomes for this population. Explan your answer and include evidence supporting your decision.
Step 5: Save and submit your assignment.
When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor.
Cite any sources in APA format.