Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Determine the best form of encryption for a given scenario.
A human resources manager stores a spreadsheet with sensitive personal information on her local workstation. The spreadsheet is the only file with sensitive data, and the name of the spreadsheet does not change.
As a security specialist, you must choose the best form of encryption to protect the spreadsheet. Your choices are:
- BitLocker To Go
- File encryption via Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Folder encryption via EFS
Answer the following question(s):
- Which form of encryption would ensure the spreadsheet is always stored on the disk in encrypted format? More than one form may be correct.
Fully address the question(s) in this discussion; provide valid rationale for your choices, where applicable; and respond to at least two other studentsâ€™ views.
- Course textbook
- Internet access
- Format: Microsoft Word (or compatible)
- Font: Arial, size 12, double-space
- APA Citation Style
- Length: 1/2 to 1 page
- I fully addressed the question(s) in the discussion instructions.
- I included justification or rationale for my choices, where applicable.
- I responded to at least two other studentsâ€™ views.
- I followed the submission guidelines.
please answer the following questions
1. Within a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 environment, who has access rights
to the EFS features and functions in the server?
2. What are some best practices you can implement when encrypting BitLocker
drives and the use of BitLocker recovery passwords?
3. What was the recovery key generated by BitLocker in this lab?
4. How would you grant additional users access rights to your EFS encrypted
folders and data files?
5. What are the main differences between EFS and BitLocker?
6. The customer privacy data policy in your companyâ€™s data classification
standard requires encryption in two places: data stored locally or on a LAN,
and data stored on a laptop. Describe your solution for meeting this policy