For this essay, you will select one of the articles provided below and engage in a 2-3 page summary and response dialogue with the source. This will involve providing a detailed summary of the source’s argument and responding to that argument with your position based on the information provided in the source.
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
- â’ Have you communicated the source’s purpose?
- â’ Have you included all of the source’s main points?
- â’ Have you restated the source’s argument in your own words?
- â’ Have you provided your perspective on the source’s argument?
- â’ Have you used specific examples from the source to illustrate why you either agree or disagree with the argument?
â’ Have you answered all reflection questions thoughtfully and included insights, observations, and/or examples in all responses?
- â’ Are your answers included on a separate page below the main assignment?
B. Reflection Questions
DIRECTIONS: Below your assignment, include answers to all of the following reflection questions.
- What ideas originally came to mind when you first read through the article? Did your initial response to the article change after reading it for a second time? (3-4 sentences)
- How does paying attention to the way you respond to a source help you formulate your stance on a topic? (2-3 sentences)