â€œA Day Without Electronic Mediaâ€
We live in a media saturated world, yet most of us donâ€™t consider the effect it has on our lives.According to Danna Walker, Professor of Communications at American University, â€œMany of you are what researchers call â€œmillennialsâ€, those born between 1980 and 2000. Your generation will constitute the largest generation in American history. You will outnumber baby boomers by as much as 33%. Most of you grew up with computers and television in your home. You started life with VCRâ€™s, CDâ€™s, digital video, and MP3s. You were the first generation to link up to cell phones, instant messaging, and texting. Personal computers came of age when you were born and you grew up with the World Wide Web and e-mail. Not to mention Nintendo, Game Boy, Sony PlayStation, GameCube and Xbox. Yet although you are emotionally attached, educated, and savvy consumers of electronic media you donâ€™t think much about it.â€
- For this assignment students will go without the use of electronic media for 8 hours.
- Your 8 hour span starts the moment you wake up and continues straight for 8 hours. At the end of your 8 hour â€œshiftâ€ you can use whatever media you like.
- At the end of this time students will write a 3-page paper detailing their experience and feelings regarding the experience.
- Students must discuss how they spent their day
- Students must discuss how the absence of electronic media effected their communication with others. I want details.
- Students must discuss feelings, reactions, and thoughts regarding their day and the assignment.
- No late papers will be accepted for any reason. If you slip up or cheat you must start the 8 hours over again.
- I will know from reading your papers whether or not you really did the assignment. There are certain tell tale signs of those who really did it and those who fake it and try to write it like they think it should sound.
- If you fake it, I will give you an F.
- All papers must be a minimum of three full pages
- Proper format, spelling and grammar count
- Place your name, class name, instructor name, date and assignment name on your paper
- Must be typed, 12 point font, black ink
- New Times Roman
So, what do you have to go without? Hereâ€™s the list:
No Cell phones
No VCR, DVD, DVR, TiVo etcâ€¦ (Although you can set them up the night before to record what youâ€™ll miss in your 8 hours and watch it after your shift is over)
No CDâ€™s, iTunes etc..
No radio, no satellite radio
No Ipod or MP3 or like devices
No video games, or hand held games or like devices
Computers of any kind, e-mail, instant messaging, texting, cell phone, or like devices
If you have any questions please e-mail me and ask!
THE VIDEO INTERVIEW CALLED PLANDEMIC WAS BANNED FROM FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE.IT’S MESSAGEDID NOT AGREE WITH THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO)AND BOTH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS WILL NOW NOT POST ANYTHING THAT CONTRADICTS ANY MESSAGE FROM THE W. H. O.
Your new db post requirements:
1. Please write how you feel about facebook and youtube banning and pulling any opinion that doesn’t agree with the WHO.
2. Do you see it as a violation of free speech or not? Please explain your answer.
3. Do you feel the media is telling the truth about Covid -19? Explain your answer and back it up with facts.
4. How do you feel about the media’s coverage of Covid-19?
5. Do you feel you are getting the truth from the WHO? Why or why not?
6. How do you know the information you are receiving is correct?
7. How is Covid 19 affecting your life?