Strategic Crime Analysis Report
Strategic crime analysis involves the study of long-term problems. These problems occur over a longer period of time, and stem from systematic opportunities created by everyday behavior and environment. This assignment requires you to complete a strategic crime analysis report using reports from Gotham Police Department. These reports will provide detailed information about strategic crime analysis. You will construct a similar analysis of information and identify patterns of crimes that are related.
Based on your review of the reports from Gotham Police Department, develop a strategic crime analysis report. Please ensure that you address the following elements within your report:
- Scanning step: Formulate methods to confirm that crime problems exist. This should include determining how frequently the problem occurs and how long it has been occurring, and identifying the consequences of the problem.
- Analysis step: Develop a problem-solving process by researching what is known about the specific crime problem type and potential responses. For the purpose of the assignment, the city has focused on preventative police patrol and has not involved other stakeholders in the response to crime patterns.
- Response step: Formulate stratified policing techniques in preventing and controlling crime. These techniques should include methods to educate and involve community members and other stakeholders.
- Response analysis step: Explain methods for the evaluation of the response strategy. How will the police department determine whether the response reduced or eliminated the problem? What statistics would be used to complete the analysis?
Your report should meet the following requirements:
- Length: At least eight double-spaced pages (excluding the cover page and references list). Include page numbers, headings, and running header, headings.
- Number of references: At least three current, scholarly, and peer-reviewed resources, formatted as per current APA guidelines.
- Formatting: Use correct APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.