FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
DISCUSSION- DUE WEDNESDAY
Prepare a Discussion Post:
- Describe two to three macroeconomic factors that influence interest rates in general. Explain the effects of each factor on interest rates.
- Now think about the industry in which you are employed or one in which you have past experience. To what macroeconomic factors is your industry most sensitive?
- Describe two contemporary factors that seem to be impacting your industry today, and identify their impacts on the interest rates experienced within your chosen industry.
General Guidance on Application Length: Your discussion will typically 2-3 paragraphs in length.
For this Assignment, review the information presented in Problem 7-18 on page 267 of your course text. You will utilize the information in this week’s readings and media to make a recommendation with regard to when to call a bond.
- Prepare a spreadsheet using Excel or a similar program in which you compute the items listed in parts a, b, and d. Be sure to compute the Yield-to-Maturity (YTM) and Yield-to-Call (YTC) for each of years 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- Utilizing Word, prepare a written report to your finance director:
- Include a detailed explanation of the conclusion you reached concerning whether or not to call the bond before maturity.
- If your recommendation is to call the bond early, explain when to call the bond and your rationale.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using a long-term loan instead of a bond.
General Guidance on Application Length: Your Assignment, will typically be 2â€“3 pages in length as a general expectation/estimate for each bullet point.
Brigham, E. F. , & Houston, J. F. (2019). Fundamentals of financial management (15th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Chapter 6, “Interest Rates” (pp. 121-227)
Chapter 7, “Bonds and Their Valuation” (pp. 228-269)
Teach Excel. (2012). Bond pricing calculations for simple bonds: Future value, present value, interest rate, etc. Retrieved from http://www.teachexcel.com/excel-tutorials/t-22,bon…