For this assignment, you will need to refer to your Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice book and the American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA) to develop a job description for a Nurse Informaticist. You will also need to develop an organizational chart showing who the Nurse Informaticist will report to and who will report to the Nurse Informaticist.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Create a job description which includes the following.
- Job title
- Primary roles and responsibilities
- Qualifications and education requirements
- Preferred skills
2. Create an organizational chart which includes the following:
- Reporting structure (above and below if applicable)
- Identify direct/indirect relationships
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Use Microsoft Word for both deliverables. Utilize Smart Art in your organizational chart.
- Be typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; include at least two (2) scholarly references. Citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- You will not need to attach a title page.
The specific course learning outcome(s) associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the role of nursing informatics in administrative applications.
- Assess the legal and ethical implications of informatics in healthcare.