. Summarize some of the arguments in Shannon Bell’s “Sacrificed so Others Can Live More Conveniently.” Do you agree with her characterization of Central Appalachia as an “energy sacrifice zone?”
2. Killing Coal County- Was the film impactful ? Why ? How did it support or negate Appalachian stereotypes ? Be specific .
2. Choose one of the following and using the resources and readings (Unit 7) to formulate your arguments .
- Appalachia should diversify their economy through Alternative Energy Sources why and how ?
- What is the Global Market relevance on Appalachian Coal? Can Appalachia compete? Should Appalachia compete?
- Should there be a Worldwide Ban on Coal/ Economics and Ethics of Coal (Health, Safety and Environmental) Is Clean Coal Possible