- Describe how the relationship between the mainstream media and the government has evolved since the 1970s and explain why the relationship has evolved the way it has. Be sure to use specific examples to support your claims.
GENERAL RULES for Response Assignment (RA):
- Your RA must be substantive. Students should use proper sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- The length of the RA must be between 500-600 words.
- All sources must be referenced. DO NOT FORGET to provide bibliography, or web addresses for your sources.
- In case of a direct citation use quotation marks and reference the author, year, and the exact page (e.g., Diestler 2012, 93).
- Paraphrase a paragraph without quotation marks and reference the author and year (e.g., Diestler, 2012) in case of an indirect references.
- Remember, deadlines will be strictly enforced.
FORMAT ASSESSMENT NOTE: 4 (FOUR) points will be deducted automatically if RA do not adhere to correct grammatical and format requirements outlined above.GRADING RUBRIC: Each RA has been assigned a maximum of 20 points, (total 300 points for 15 RAs). The Grading Rubric below will be used to assess your work:
Evaluations Criteria Outstanding Better than Average Average Below Average Not at all 1. CONTENT ASSESSMENT 20 15-19 10-14 5-9 0-4 1.1 Define â€œadversarial relationshipâ€ and describe the executive branchâ€™s interactions with the media. 6.6 5 – 6.3 3.3- 4.6 1-3 0 1.2 Explain the underlying causes of this difficult relationship, citing specific examples. 6.6 5-6.3 3.3- 4.6 1-3 0 1.3 Evaluate these causes and their residual effects on the presidency. Consider how the president (present or past) handles increased scrutiny by the media and state whether or not this might be beneficial. 6.6 5-6.3 3.3- 4.6 1-3 0 TOTAL 20 15-19 10-14 1-9 0