Airline ticket prices seem to be impossible to predict or explain. Yet, in the last year, average ticket prices have been on a steady decline. Will the trend continue?
Prepare a 4- to 6-page brochure (handout) explaining what economic and market forces are at work in determining airline ticket prices. The brochure or handout should be prepared for an audience of first-year undergraduate students. Please be creative in preparing your brochure. You should use illustrations (pictures, charts, and graphs) to help in your explanation. If you need help with the mechanics of making a brochure, you can find online sources of information about how to use Word or PowerPoint to prepare a brochure.
Keys to the Assignment
- Using the principles of supply and demand, predict the trajectory of airline ticket prices, and compare it with current patterns.
- Conduct research to determine what other economic and market forces are influencing airline ticket prices.
- Use at least three library resources in your research.
- Explain your analysis using terminology and concepts introduced in this module.
- Cite all sources and provide a reference list using APA format.
- Proofread and edit the paper. The goal is zero errors.
- Submit your paper to TLC by the due date for this module.
- For instruction on writing papers, citing sources, proper referencing, and so forth, use Trident University’s Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper.