- Access your MyCounselingLab account to view the video clip â€œCareer Development Interventions in the Schools: An Interview with Dr. Carol Dahirâ€ (32:18)
- Click the Sign In button and sign in with your user name and password.
- Click the rectangle CHS 417: Career and Lifestyle Planning to start your work.
- Under Course Name (left panel), click â€œVideo Resources.â€
- Click Video Library (left panel).
- Click Video Library (main frame).
- Click Career Counseling (left panel).
- Click â€œVideos 15.â€
- (The upper gray colored task bar allows you the view the videos by Picture or List.)
- Double click the following video clip: â€œCareer Development Interventions in the Schools: An Interview with Dr. Carol Dahir.â€ (32:18)
- WRITE POST TO original questions and reply to at least one classmate.
Question 10A:Reflect on the interview that you saw with Dr. Carol Dahir and discuss how this information applies to career counseling at the elementary school, middle school, and high school levels.
Question 10B:Compare and contrast career counseling interventions at the elementary school level, the middle school level, and the high school level. The discussion should include (but is not limited to) the following:a) how are the goals for career counseling different at each of these levels; b) how does the studentâ€™s developmental level (cognitive, social, etc.) impact the types of activities that you would include at each of these levels; and c) if you have limited time and a limited budget what would you consider the â€œessentialâ€ aspects of career counseling at each of the three levels and â€œwhy?â€