Annotated Bibliography â€“ Resource One
For the Final Paper in Week Five, you are required to complete a literature review. For your literature review, you will choose one area of interest to explore in depth. The themes that you may choose to explore are:
- Culturally Relevant Methods
- Anti-Bias Curriculum
- Diverse Family Structures
- Multicultural Education
Select one theme from above to explore and begin reviewing the literature. Choose one article from the resources provided in the course or find a scholarly source that is relevant to your chosen theme.
You will add a second source in Week Three and a third source in Week Four, each of which will be related to the same theme. The annotated bibliography will be submitted each week as a component of your literature review.
Your annotated bibliography must:
- Summarize the content and focus of the article. Be sure to include the main ideas and provide supporting evidence from the article. The summary must be in your own words.
- Describe the relevance of the source to your chosen theme and its real-world classroom application.
- Evaluate the information presented in the article. What is your reaction to this source? Has it changed your thinking about your topic? Why, or why not?
Your bibliography must include the correct APA reference for your chosen scholarly source and a title page. Visit the Ashford Writing Center for specific direction and review the resources provided on how to complete an annotated bibliography. Also view the Sample Annotated Bibliography for guidance.
The Library Guide Link may assist you in your research of the Cultural Competence Topics for your annotated bibliography and final literature review.