Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you compare jails and prisons. Identify a jail in your county, or one in a surrounding area, and a prison in your state to compare in the paper. Address the following in your comparison:
- Identify types of prisons.
- What are the major differences between the selected jail and the selected prison?
- Explain at least two aspects about jail and prison culture and subculture.
- Explain why jails play an important role in the criminal justice system.
- Discuss the role of community-based corrections programs associated with jails and prisons.
- Describe violent behavior that occurs in jails and prisons.
- Explain the role of probation and parole.
Include information learned from the CJi Interactive activities in your paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.