n many cities throughout the United States, the prevalence of hate crimes has increased. You have been asked to provide your insight into this and recommend ways to decrease the occurrence of these types of crimes.
Research the topic of hate crimes and address the following:
- Create a profile of the typical individual who commits hate crimes.
- Who are some targets and/or victims of hate crimes?
- What are some of the causes and effects of these crimes?
- What actions can be taken to minimize the occurrence of hate crimes?
magine you were trying to assess a person’s social class. Answer the following four questions:
- Based solely on his or her appearance, what physical traits would you look for?
- If you were only able to see the person and ask him or her just one question, what question would you ask?
- Why would you ask that particular question?
- Are there any other observations that you could make from an individual’s appearance that can provide you with evidence of an individual’s social class?