FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: Stakeholder Analysis and Scope Definition
Due Week 4 and worth 120 points
Suppose you are working on a project to develop an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) interface for the Operations Division of an Airline Parts Manufacturing Organization. You have been assigned to assist in planning the project. The ERP interface will enhance the supply chain ordering process for raw materials and parts. For this initiative, your project team will need to complete the following deliverables:
- a graphical user interface (GUI) that will satisfy the needs of the data entry personnel
- new GUI data fields with an existing ERP system
- reports of upper management and order fulfillment resources
- an online user support manual for the data entry GUI
- training of the new interface
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe the different levels and types of resources required for producing each deliverable described in the assignment summary.
- Develop a table of at least five (5) project stakeholders who would need to be considered in a stakeholder analysis. You may list each stakeholder by a fictitious role such as Programmer, System Analyst, Project Manager, etc.
Note: Document the project stakeholders by using the following table format.
- Explain how the data collected in the Project Stakeholders table could assist the project management team in defining the project scope.
- Identify some of the potential conflicts in this project. Describe how understanding influence and anticipating could help in the planning process.
- Develop a Deliverable Definition table that describes each of the deliverables required for the completion of the project.
Note: Document the Deliverable Definition table by using the following table format.
Structure of Deliverable
Standards to Be Used
Authority for Approval
Resources Required to Complete this Project
- Suggest at least three (3) benefits that could be derived from properly completing a deliverable definition table. Explain how each benefit could help the project management team in the scope definition process.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as OpenOffice, Dia, and Open Project. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the foundations of project management, including its definition, scope, and the need for project management in the modern organization.
- Describe best practices and approaches in managing and leading technology project teams to include communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop processes that initiate technology projects, including project selection and defining project scope.
- Prepare strategies to manage project resources to include human resources, capital equipment, and time.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about Information Technology Project Management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.