I’m studying for my Communications class and need an explanation.
As you begin the work in teams, it’s important to come up with a definition of collaboration that encompasses the purpose, goals, and objectives of working together on a project. To help you develop an understanding of what it means to collaborate and what team actions help collaborations to be successful, read the following articles and answer the following questions.
- How Workplace Collaboration Can Change Your Company (Links to an external site.)
- Collaboration Definition, Skills, and Examples (Links to an external site.)
- The Virtual Work Skills You Need — Even If You Never Work Remotely (Links to an external site.)
- Define workplace collaboration.
- Why collaborate? What are the benefits?
- List at least five characteristics and/or criteria for a successful collaboration? What actions do team members need to take to achieve collaborative goals?
Post your definition and actions list to the discussion board and comment on at least two of your peers posts. Look at the similarities and differences between your work and the work of your peers. Do you see elements of their definitions and lists that should be taken into account? In your opinion, what actions in your peers’ lists are most important actions for ensuring success, and why?
A number of tools have been created to facilitate virtual collaboration. One of your first jobs as a team is to pick which tool(s) you want to use to facilitate your work on your report. To help you decide, you will read the following articles. Based on what you read, pick a tool and review it. Comment on the following:
- How easy to use is the tool?
- What functions will be most useful in a collaborative writing project?
- What are the strengths of the tool?
- What are the weaknesses of the tool?
- Is there anything the tool can’t do that you will need to find elsewhere to complete the project?
To find a tool, read the following:
- 10 Online Collaboration Tools To Boost Your Project’s Efficiency (Link to: https://thedigitalprojectmanager.com/best-collaboration-tools/ (Links to an external site.))
- 7 Free Easy-to-Use Online Collaboration Tools – Make Teamwork Simple (Link to: https://trendblog.net/6-easy-to-use-online-collaboration-tools-make-teamwork-simple/ (Links to an external site.))
Remember that you have free access to Google Docs and Google Chat using your USF email address.
Once you have posted your review, look over the reviews of your peers and discuss which tool(s) are best for your group.