Unit2 SPPHS5006 Due 10.18.2022
Social Policy and Social Programs text to complete the following:
· Read Chapter 2, “An Overview of Social Policy Analysis: A Critical Value Approach,” pages 29–39.
Use the Capella Library to complete the following:
· Contandriopoulos, D., & Brousselle, A. (2012).
Evaluation models and evaluation use [PDF].
Evaluation, 18(1), 61–77.
Listen to this audio presentation:
This assignment involves the application of Chambers and Bonk’s (2013) contention that all social programs and policies are created to meet three criteria: adequacy, equity, and efficiency (p. 2). As a social worker, you will spend a great deal of time working within the social program or policy context. In other words, you will work in the agencies created by policies, implement the programs offered by the agencies, and have direct contact with those who are served by the programs and policies. Social workers must be concerned about these policies and programs, both their weaknesses and strengths, if social workers are to uphold our professional ethical standards.
For the first assignment for this course, compose a written document that contains the following:
· A description and assessment of your past experiences with policy and program planning, either your experience making policy or experience with a policy that someone else made.
· Reflect on your past professional involvement with policy or program planning and evaluation either in the human services field or elsewhere. If you do have some knowledge and experience in this regard, please describe it. What kind of policy or program were you concerned with? What was the degree of your involvement and the level of knowledge you had at that time regarding social policy and program planning?
· The selection and explanation of a program or policy that oppresses, alienates, or discriminates, informed by personal experience or information found via the Internet or the Capella Library.
· Strategies for policy or program changes that aim to empower or create privilege.
Chambers, D. E., & Bonk, J. F. (2013).
Social policy and social programs: A method for the practical public policy analyst (6th ed.). Pearson.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
· Length of paper: 2–3 double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
View the scoring guide for this assignment to ensure you fulfill all grading criteria. SEE BELOW
What differentiates the value critical analysis from the analytic descriptive method evaluation? Note at least three differences. Identify the commitments inherent in the value critical approach. Which process would be best for analyzing the social issue you identified in the first discussion of Unit 1?