FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
While research can be interesting in regards to understanding social phenomena, it is also important that research results be used to positively impact positive outcomes in regards to the individuals involved, the societal problems considered, and the programs and policy related to these issues. This discussion presents a real world application of data and will help you understand the value of data on social policy outcomes.
Please watch Crime spotting: Joy of Stats (1/6) and in your initial post, address the following:
- How does the City of San Francisco currently use its crime data?
- How could the data be used by citizens to influence policy? Provide at least two community advocacy and societal change ideas. Explain them and how they would help citizens.
- How could the data be used by the police service? Provide at least two forms of community outreach, policing policy, or program creation, and explain how they would help the police and the citizenry.
- How could the data be used by social researchers? What does the data tell them about crime in San Francisco?
- Are there wider applications for the data to support policy makers in San Francisco? Explain how.
- How has this example changed your thoughts about the use of research and data to support policy? Can you provide another way research could be used to support policy creation or change?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references