Write a letter to your Texas representative or senator about a current policy of your choice. In that letter, you need to do the following:
1. Address it to the correct U.S. representative or senator who represents you.
2. Explain who you are (i.e. you’re their constituent!)
3. Describe in some detail a specific current Texas public policy or law that you would like to see changed. This policy can be in the area of economics, social policy, gun policy, and drug policy – i.e. anything having to do with Texas Law or Policy.
4. Explain your alternative public policy solution or what change in the law you would recommend. Give at least two reasons with supporting evidence to show why your policy solution is preferable,
5. Ask for their opinion and use language suitable for communicating with a legislator.
Your letter should be typed, single-spaced, and a minimum of one page in length, including the salutations and greetings expected in a letter (i.e., To the Honorable Representative Smith, Yours Sincerely, etc.