Conduct observation and data collection activities supporting initial requirements specification and understanding of data within a real-world supply chain.
Over the past couple of weeks, you have been introduced to the main concepts of supply chain analytics (SCA). You have also started to see how SCA is applied in practice. This paper will help you reflect and research further on these important SCA concepts.
Consider the following questions. Then, use headers to structure your work, compose your original narrative, and use online research to strengthen weak areas of your narrative as you edit your coverage of these topics. They are as follows:
How does supply chain analytics (SCA) help an organization achieve excellence? What does excellence have to do with competitive advantage?
In practice, SCA includes the use of analytical tools such as methods and statistics. Select one of the tools from Table 2.3 and cover the following from your reading and additional online research:
What category is your tool aligned with from descriptive, predictive, or prescriptive? What does your selected category mean in the real world? What is the history of your selected tool, such as who invented it or how was it developed over time? How could you apply this tool in your own organization at work?
Review these provided resources. Now, compare
· How do introduction efforts prepare the way for success in practice efforts?
· What is the relationship, or connections, between excellence, quality, and the use of SCA tools within a business?
SCM Standard Requirements
· This assignment should be a separate Microsoft Word® document, preferably in the most current .docx file format.
· Your paper should include a title page, be double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, contain correct citations, in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references on the references page.
· In addition to the current APA style title page and reference page, ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
· Respond to the questions thoroughly, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
· It must be written in Standard English, demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
· Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
· Ensure your paper uses current APA format for content, with properly indented paragraphs and a minimum of three full pages covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
· A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references in current APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the Internet for credible research.
· Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meets university standards for credible online research.
· Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the current APA formatting and citation style found at the Writing Center. (The Writing Center can be accessed in Academic Tools. Select APA Central, then on “Write” at the bottom of the page.)