What is a learning organization? Discuss why is this approach to strategic management better than the more traditional top-down approach in which strategic planning is primarily done by top management.
Give an example of a learning organization from the SAUDI market. Describe the mission statement and vision of this organization. In which way this organization is considered a learning organization? Is it successful? What are the main problems faced by this organization to implement this approach? Justify.
Refer to Porter’s forces driving industry competition to answer the following questions:
- In your opinion, what is/are the most important force(s) in Porter’s industry forces? Why?
- What determines the level of competitive intensity in an industry?
- How can a decision maker identify strategic factors in a corporation’s external international environment?
- What are the main limits and drawbacks of Porter’s forces?
- Choose an example of an organization from the Saudi market and draw the matrix of Porter’s forces. What is the main force in this case? Assess the competitive advantage of your chosen organization in relation to these forces. Suggest solutions to improve its position in the market.