The supervisor’s effective use of self-awareness is an integral component to building and maintaining a successful supervisory relationship. Think about an experience where you were either a supervisor or supervisee.
- What factors from this experience were positive for you?
- What factors from this experience were challenges for you?
- What personal attitudes did you bring to supervision?
- What impact did your personal attitudes have on the supervisory relationship?
- Learning from this experience, what strategies would you use to build and maintain a successful supervisory relationship?