FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In this discussion, you will review a student summary and response paper in your textbook. This is the type of essay you are finalizing this week. By responding to a paper written by a student, you will gain some insight into your own revision work this week for the Unit 3 assignment, and you will practice skills in analyzing and responding to the writing of others.
To complete your posts, follow these steps:
- Review the following from this unit’s required readings in The Prentice Hall Essential Guide for College Writers. This is a summary and response to the article, “Why We Still Need Feminism,” by Casey Cavanaugh. Cavanaugh’s article itself begins on page 66. Be sure to read that first. Then, you will read, on the pages that follow, a sample student summary and response over Cavanaugh’s article. These items are on pages 69–71. You will compose your discussion post based on that sample student summary and response on pages 69–71. While the student summary and response fall on different pages, you will consider pages 69–71 to be the sample Summary and Response essay (the type of essay you are finalizing this week).
- “Why We Still Need Feminism,” pages 66–68.
- “Summary of ‘Why We Still Need Feminism’” and “Response to ‘Why We Still Need Feminism,'” pages 69–71.
- Write an original post about this essay giving your answers to the following questions, make specific references in your post to the student paper in your text book.
- Has the writer followed the guidelines for writing summaries (pages 65–69)?
- Is the summary objective, rather than personal?
- Does the writer use author tags to let the reader know that the ideas are those of the original, not of the writer?
- What is your reaction to the writer’s response?
- Do you find the evidence for the writer’s opinion to be convincing?