FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Research Analysis 6 of 7
Read the narrative research study by Chan (2010) about the ethnic identity of Chinese Canadian students at the end of Chapter 15. Analyze the article, and answer the following questions:
- Why would Chan study the experiences of one Chinese immigrant student in this narrative study?
- Reflexivity or self-disclosure by the researcher is part of all good qualitative research, including narrative studies. How did Chan disclose her position and experiences in this study?
- The author discussed her background as a Chinese-American.
- The author briefly mentions her participation in the Canadian school.
- The author intentionally distanced herself from the participant in the study.
- The author discussed her role in making an interpretation of events
Examine the sample ethnographic study by Swidler (2000) on recitation in a rural school presented at the end of Chapter 14 and then answer the following questions:
- Look at the purpose statement identified in the abstract. It reads:
“This ethnographic case study describes one Nebraska teacher’s response to the multiage conditions of this naturally small institution in her use of ‘recitation” lessons.”
What is the culture-sharing group that this researcher is exploring?
- How would you adjust this ethnographic purpose statement to change the study to a grounded theory project?
- In Tables 1 and 2 you can see detailed information about the students and their parents in the small school. In terms of ethnographic results, how would you characterize this information?
- It shows the reflexivity of the researcher.
- It shows the researcher’s attention to detail.
- It shows description in an ethnography.
- It summarizes tabled information about the students and parents.
Journals are attached
Chapter 14 APA Reference
Swidler, S.A. (2000). Notes on a country school tradition: Recitation as an individual strategy. In J. W. Creswell, Educational Research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (5th ed.) (pp. 488–502). Boston, MA: Pearson. (Reprinted from Journal of Research in Rural Education, 15(1), pp. 8-21)
Chapter 15 APA Reference
Chan, E. (2010). Living in the space between participant and researcher as a narrative inquirer: Examining ethnic identity of Chinese Canadian students as conflicting stories to live by. In J. W. Creswell, Educational Research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (5th ed.) (pp. 523-535). Boston, MA: Pearson. (Reprinted from Journal of Educational Research 103, pp. 113-122)