The purpose of this assignment is to engage in a selected activity related to career development.
Write a 750-1,000 word paper based on one of the prompts below. The paper may be written in first person voice and must be grammatically correct. At least two external sources should be cited in the paper. Papers must be submitted within 1 week of the event date.
- Research a professional license, certification, advanced degree, or designation related to your intended profession. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned from your research and how this will influence your career.
- Create a LinkedIn profile, or update your current profile (www.linkedin.com). Connect with your instructor and your fellow classmates. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains why networking through LinkedIn is beneficial and how it will impact your career.
- Go to a GCU Accounting Society or an on-campus club or associate meeting related to your disciple. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned from this meeting and how this will influence your career.
- Complete the GCU Career Compass, located at http://www.gcu.edu/Career-Services/Career-Compass.php. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned by completing the Career Compass and how this will help you in determining your career path.
- Participate in other activities as directed by your course instructor.