Recent history illustrates that bullying is a growing problem among today’s youth in the United States. Amanda Todd, for example, was only fifteen (15) years old when she committed suicide after being bullied by her peers for over a year. Watch the video titled “Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm” (8 min 55 s) BELOW.
Video Source: Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal:
Use the learning from Chapter 10, the Internet, and / or Strayer Library to research articles on bullying cases that occur today.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Identify the types of bullying from the Chapter 10 reading and explain them. Then, identify at least two (2) types of bullying to which Amanda Todd was subjected to.
- Identify at least three (3) consequences that Amanda Todd experienced as a result of being bullied, and discuss her attempts to deal with them.
- Recommend two (2) strategies that you believe Amanda’s parents, teachers, and authorities could have used in order to reduce episodes of bullying of Amanda and thus prevent Amanda’s suicide.
- Compare at least two (2) similarities and two (2) differences between the bullying cases that take place today with those cases that took place when you attended high school.
- Explain the key contributing factors that you believe lead to bullying behaviors. Next, suggest at least three (3) ways in which prevention programs can reduce bullying cases overall.
- Use the textbook and at least one (1) other quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.