Greatlakes Hospital Human Resources would like all managers to create a report of human resource strategies used in their departments. The purpose of the report is to identify similarities and differences among the departments, and to develop a comprehensive new employee training plan that can influence employee retention.
You will construct a comprehensive report for health information management, to include hiring and recruitment practices, following employment laws and compliance, health information workforce requirements, outsourcing, safety and ergonomics, and other human resource strategies used in health information management. Human Resources may not be familiar with health information management services and function. Therefore, include examples where appropriate.
In Microsoft Word, create the HIM comprehensive report. The report should be 10 – 12 pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and should accomplish these objectives:
- Integrate principles of human resource management relating to recruitment using the knowledge gained in Module 1.
- Analyze employment laws and compliance requirements that impact healthcare organizations using the knowledge gained in Module 2.
- Evaluate workforce requirements in health information services using the knowledge gained in Module 3.
- Evaluate agreements relating to health information functions using the knowledge gained in Module 4.
- Articulate the impact of safety and ergonomics on recruiting, retention, and employee health using the knowledge gained in Module 5.
- Examine human resource strategies used in health information management using the knowledge gained in Module 6.