CLASS: PROFESSIONALISM AND GROWTH IN THE EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
1. Define curriculum and describe why it is important to have a curriculum.
2. Using the five areas of effective curriculum development, describe your ideal curriculum.
3. Describe two different approaches to organizing the written curriculum.
4. Compare and contrast the terms integrated curriculum, emergent curriculum, and culturally responsive curriculum and give examples of each.
5. Describe the five essential components of planning.
6. List the four types of grouping patterns for children and provide an example of an appropriate use for each.
7. List the four main purposes of assessment.
8. According to Dr. Sue Wortham, what the connection between assessment and instruction?