Prepare 10-12 PowerPoint slides to present a supply chain management plan, including your analysis and recommendations for a supply chain design and logistics, for a provided scenario or business of your choice.
This portfolio work project, a presentation of a supply chain management plan, will help you understand how supply chains and logistics create value for a company.
For this assessment, choose either Option 1 or Option 2. You do not need to do both. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.
Wild Dog Coffee Company, a locally owned company with a single coffee shop location, serves a wide selection of espresso products, small breakfast and lunch menu items, and a limited evening menu. The company is planning to expand the business by adding an additional location. While different menu items may be tested at the new location, the espresso beverage preparation process will remain exactly the same. You and your business partners need to make a decision about the supply chain before the move. The following information may help support your analysis for Wild Dog Coffee Company:
- You have one espresso maker that brews the espresso and froths the milk at each location.
- Each espresso beverage requires 1.5 minutes of the barista’s time.
- Each espresso beverage requires some combination of espresso beans, milk, and flavoring.
- Each espresso beverage is served in a paper cup with a lid and sleeve.
- Monthly cleaning and maintenance of the espresso maker is outsourced to a services company.
- You stock one type of espresso bean. If you run out of inventory, you have to close the business until the next shipment of beans arrives.
- Espresso beans are received seven (7) days after placing the order.
If you chose Option 2 for Assessment 1 and 2, use the same business for this assessment, or select a different business. Note that it is recommended that you use the same business for each assessment in this course, using the following criteria for your selection:
- The company fits the assessment requirements and you have access to the information needed to complete the assessment.
- The business information is disclosed in the assessment for faculty’s reference.
- You can distribute the business data without disclosing confidential information.
Contact faculty with questions.
Your RoleOption 1
You are an owner of Wild Dog Coffee Company. You and your business partners are preparing for the opening of your second location. You need to analyze and make recommendations for supply chain management for the two locations.
Your boss, a director, has tasked you with a supply chain management project. She is relying on you to prepare an analysis and recommendations for demand management that can be presented to the executive team of the company.
Create a PowerPoint presentation of your supply chain management plan, which you will present to your business partners. Include the following:
Analyze supply chain designs.
- Your analysis should detail two different supply chain scenarios for either Wild Dog Coffee Company or your selected business.
- Use a flow chart to indicate all inputs and outputs for each supply chain and to clearly indicate areas in the supply chain designs that are different.
- Analyze the points at which the supply chains intersect with logistics. What role does logistics play in each supply chain design?
- Assess bottlenecks in the supply chain designs. How would you overcome each bottleneck in the two supply chain designs?
- Analyze how supply chains and logistics create value for the selected business. Why is it important for Wild Dog Coffee Company or your selected business to focus on supply chains?
Recommend a supply chain design for the selected business.
- Include your rationale for the most appropriate supply chain for Wild Dog Coffee Company or your selected business.
- Be sure to include any assumptions you had to make to develop the supply chain designs that support your recommendations.