I wanted to know if you can help me with tis assignment.
Workshop Two – 2.2 Dropbox
Case Study: Physicians’ Imaging CenterIntroduction and Alignment
This assignment investigates the central role of physicians both as service providers and as intrinsic organizational assets. Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Describe the central role of physicians in healthcare and the function of marketing in physician relations.
- Discuss the utility of social networking and communication media in promoting the values and goals of the healthcare institution.
- Textbook: Healthcare Marketing: A Case Study Approach
Physicians are a driving factor in healthcare. Virtually all healthcare services are delivered under the authority or direction of a physician. Moreover, as a profession, medicine is self-regulating. What comprises the qualifications to become and remain a physician is determined by physicians in the form of state health authorities, medical societies, and accrediting organizations.
Physicians can represent the value offered by a hospital. Who would not want to be treated by a renowned expert? Physicians also are a primary source of business, either as the reason a patient chooses a facility or because they refer patients to a service venue.
Physicians can impact policy and regulation, business decisions, and organizational income. As such, this group represents a critical constituency for healthcare marketing activities. The centrality of this can be reinforced by reviewing recruitment advertisements for hospital CEOs, which often list “physician relations” skills as a core requirement.
- In the textbook, Healthcare Marketing: A Case Study Approach, read Chapter 5 which includes the “Case Study: Physicians’ Imaging Center” at the start of the chapter.
- Write a one or two page paper that answers one of the following questions at the end of Chapter 5:
- Chapter Exercise 1: Carl, the physicians, and the imaging machine
- Chapter Exercise 2: An excellent reputation
- When you’ve completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.