Discussion Board: Perspectives on War (Due Wednesday)
Analyze: After watching the news clip about the first Gulf War, analyze the points made in the news clip and answer the following questions:
- How do Americans know about the Gulf War, in which very few Americans actually took part?
- How do people know about experiences and events outside of their own individual reality?
- How are the perspectives of each of the primary groups involved represented to members of that group and to people outside of that group?
- How does the media dictate and define what people believe about the world outside of their own?
- What role does the media play in constructing, refining, and perpetuating a specific narrative according to the people who profit from these conflicts?https://youtu.be/cx_VQf4eOQQ
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.