Review the following lectures:
- Performance Management, Employee Performance, and Reward Systems
- Understanding the Performance Management Process
- Organizational Performance and Strategic Planning
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
You are the HR Manager for a manufacturing company. The company is open seven days a week and twenty-four hours per day. There have been constant disagreements between the production manager, the sales manager, and the quality assurance manager. The sales associates have promised each client a shipment on a specific date, bypassed the quality assurance manager, and gone straight to the production manager. The production manager has shipped the product without allowing the quality assurance team to inspect the merchandise before it is shipped. Each time this situation occurs, a customer returns the defected merchandise and the quality assurance team is blamed. In addition to the new orders that must be shipped, the organization has to replace and ship another order to the previous customer. Since this is a replacement order, the organization cannot charge the customer. Employee morale is low and no one has received a raise in a year. The performance appraisals are used as means to terminate employees, and the job descriptions are outdated. Lastly, the company is on the verge of losing several large contracts as well as competitive advantage. Before you begin to tackle this organizational issue, let us begin with some preliminary work.
- Analyze the purpose of performance management.
- Assess how performance management can be used as a business strategy.
- Evaluate the key steps of the performance management process.
- Evaluate critical components for performance management and strategic planning.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5050_W1_Project_LastName_FirstName.