Part 1 ( One of two assignments)
Write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Why has criminal justice policy come to be more dependent on evidence-based evaluation? Explain this in detail.
How have practitioners and researchers collaborated more in recent years to formulate strategies to address crime issues?
What role does accountability play in considering which policies are “good” or effective?
How do policymakers evaluate policies?
What is the difference between evaluation and assessment?
Part 2 (start of new assignment)
Address the following in 3–4 pages:
How do theory, ideology, and ethics play a part in the creation of criminal justice policy?
- Identify a specific public policy and discuss the theory and criteria behind its creation.
- What are the complications in criminological theory of explaining causation?
- How does ideology impact the construction of criminal justice policy?
- People expect criminal justice policies to be morally principled. Describe how ethics frame or are incorporated into criminal justice policy.
- How is translational criminology seen as an effective way to bridge the gap between practitioners and researchers in creating policy?
Use at least 2 peer-reviewed reference sources, and be sure to use APA style for the references and the corresponding in-text citations.