Instructions are on attached document. Total length of paper is 3-4 pages, 12 font times new roman, double space. Organization to write about is Nvidia. paper.docx
Must meet all requirement and follow the directions correctly. Any incomplete, low quality, unrelated work will not be accepted.
For this 3-5 page paper you will explore the discourses that constitute an organization’s identity by examining its stated history, mission, values and culture. After researching the organization, using scholarly and mainstream news publications and the organization’s website and social media pages, you will develop a paper that makes an argument about how the organization uses specific communication strategies, stories, facts and metaphors to frame the systems of meaning around the organization that, in turn, constitutes the identity of the organization and that of its members. Three scholarly sources of 10 pages or more and two mainstream news publications are required. Four concepts from the class must be explained and incorporated into the paper (list, explain, apply and underline). Papers should be double spaced and use TimesNew Roman 12 point font with one inch margins. Provide a Works Cited page (which is not included in the page length).
Guidelines: For this paper you must provide an introduction that describes the purpose of the paper that includes a thesis (a preview and argument) and a conclusion that summarizes the main points. The body paragraphs should:
- A) Describe what organizational communication is, provide a brief overview of how it has been studied, and explain the present framework you will use to describe the organization that you are studying; this sectionshould include and define 4 key conceptsfrom the text;
4 Key Concepts: Cultural pragmatist, cultural purist, metaphor, vocabulary(jagon)
- B) Include a detailed history of the selected organization, explain the organization’s mission statement, purpose and goals, list the size, profitability, worth, ownership holdings;
- C)Apply key terms and course concepts(introduced in the first body paragraph) to illuminate how the organization constitutes itself as an organization. This section should cite specific communication strategies, stories, facts and metaphors and reference specific examples (quoting mission statements, corporate history, organizational purpose, etc.) to demonstrate how the systems of meaning are framed and thus constitute the identity of the organization and that of its members.
Key Terms: pragmatist approach, purist approach, power as social influence, Hegemony, Ideology
Important Checking Criteria
1) Organization: Is the paper well structured, including an introduction and thesis, a description of the history/context/values, a set of concepts and definitions, an analysis of the organization, and a conclusion that is tied together? Are the main points easy to identify? Does the writing flow well?
2) Introduction: Does the paper provide a well-developed introduction that introduces the reader to your topic that includes background information and context, and underscores the importance of your topic?
3) Argument: Does the paper include a thesis statement that makes an argument and previews the main points of the paper? Is it well reasoned, clearly stated and adhered to throughout the paper?
4) Review: Does the paper describe what organizational communication is, provide a brief overview of how it has been studied, and explain the present framework used to describe the selected organization.
5) History: Does the paper include a detailed history of the selected organization that explains the organization’s mission statement, purpose and goals, and lists the size, profitability, worth, ownership holdings?
6) Application: Does the paper use, define and apply four key terms to illuminate how the organization constitutes itself as an organization? Does the paper demonstrate how key concepts illuminate particular aspects of the organization? Does the analysis support the argument made in the thesis?
7) Conclusion: Does the conclusion emphasize the importance of the thesis statement, give the essay a sense of completeness and show readers why your paper was important, meaningful and useful?
8) Coherence: Does the paper demonstrate a grasp of the issues that it is addressing?
9) Sources: Are sources used to strengthen the description of the organization’s mission, values, mission, and goals? Does the paper demonstrate a clear understanding of the cited material and use that material to support the thesis? Are sources cited correctly with a properly formatted works cited page?
10) Mechanics: Is correct grammar used? Is the paper free of misspellings and typos?