Offender Treatment Plans-Assignment Information: Correctional classification tools help to identify risk, needs and responsivity characteristics that must be addressed and considered when developing a
If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality, and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. We are the ideal place for all your writing needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Offender Treatment Plans-Assignment Information: Correctional classification tools help to identify risk, needs and responsivity characteristics that must be addressed and considered when developing a treatment plan. Prior to referring offenders to appropriate interventions, correctional case managers and counselors must first decide upon treatment goals and a course of planned intervention. This involves reviewing a client’s social and criminal history as well as any classification scores, mental health reports, or educational information. These form the basis of a treatment plan, the foundation upon which key client needs are set forward and goals of supervision and counseling determined.
Treatment plans typically contain the following components:
• Background and social history
• Criminal history and dynamics of criminal incidents (specifically current offense)
• Description of current offense
• Treatment goals
• Treatment approaches for addressing client needs
Therefore, your Offender Treatment Plan should include the following:
- Provide a detailed summary of the client’s background and social history-in YOUR OWN WORDS. (Make up a Scenario)
- Provide the client’s criminal history as well as a description of the current offense.
- Provide five formal treatment goals.
- What type of intervention(s) or therapies would be most beneficial for this client?