FIRST GRADER essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Patients have a bill of rights. Patients also consent to care and have a right to self-determine their care. Those who care for patients are to keep information protected.
Select one of the patient rights (ethical or legal issues and a different one chosen by another student) from readings this week. Discuss with your colleagues the right, the legal and/or ethical basis for this right and how this translates into responsibility for a specific health service organization setting. Provide two specific real life case examples that you find on the internet or in the print media. Examples: assisted living facilities for disabled, long term care facility, a home care nursing association, a small physician practice, a hospital, a rehabilitation center, or a first responder/ambulance.
1. The patient right (with proper legal citation);
2. The setting; and
3. The health care organizationâ€™s responsibility.
Reference Background Readings this week:
- http://www.nrc-pad.org/images/stories/PDFs/fedaddirectives2a.pdf [ Federal Law on Advance Directives]
- http://www.aha.org/content/00-01/pcp_english_030730.pdf [Website may say no there but just click on the heading above notice. Many articles on patience rights]
- http://www.healthsourceglobal.com/docs/patient%20bill%20of%20rights_merged.pdf [patient’s rights, protections and the law]
- http://partnershipforpatients.cms.gov/ [gov website partnership for patients]
- http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1209500 [shared decision making]