Module 3 Discussion: Communication
Read the blog article titled, “The Optimal Marketing Mix? Let Your Target Audience
Links to an external site.
The Optimal Marketing Mix Let Your Target Audience Decide.pdf
The topic this week is research. To be effective in communicating with an
organization’s publics, we must be constantly listening and scanning the
environment for information. This is key, especially when it comes to listening to your
Now that you have selected a company/organization for your final project, read this
article and write, in a couple of sentences, for each area explaining how your
selected company/organization assess some typical attributes to define its target
market. Do your best and at the end of the semester, once you have completed your
final project, we will circle back and see how your initial research from this discussion
post compares to your final project.
The fun aspect of research is that it doesn’t lie, and if used correctly and collected
correctly, can tell a great story and provide some remarkable data for a variety of
For this week’s discussion post, you may not be able to provide specific details for
each of the following attributes. If this occurs, discuss what you hope to find when
conducting your research. Be creative, don’t settle for the first answer you come
across – this is why research is so important and can be quite eye-opening.
Discussion Post Assignment:
Read the article and discuss in a couple of sentences for each area explaining how
your selected company/organization assess some typical attributes to define its
target market. REMEMBER to cite your work!
● Are your prospects B2B or B2C, government, or not-for-profit?
● Are they small to mid-sized business or larger enterprises?
● Where are they located?
● How many companies or consumers make up the target market?
● Is there a typical type of person who buys your product or service?
● Where do they meet or communicate with peers?
● How do they get information to learn about products and services such as
● How do they buy? What is the buying criteria? How often do they buy?
● Are there trends in the purchasing processes they use?